Popular Nigerian Afrobeats singer, Davido, has reacted to reports of an alleged move to deregister the Accord Party ahead of the 2026 governorship election in Osun State.
The singer, who made his position known in a post shared on X on Thursday, questioned the rationale behind the alleged plan and demanded a free and credible electoral process.
Davido stated that political actors should allow parties to test their popularity at the polls instead of allegedly attempting to weaken opposition platforms through deregistration.
“Deregister Accord Party for what? Cowards, let’s go to the field,” the singer wrote.
Recall that Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, who is also Davido’s uncle, dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in December 2025 amid the party’s prolonged leadership crisis and legal battles.
Following his exit from the PDP, Adeleke joined the Accord Party as preparations intensified for his re-election bid.
The Osun State governorship election has been scheduled for August 15, 2026.
Recall that Davido in a statement amid rising political tension ahead of the 2026 governorship election in Osun State described Oyetola as “the most desperate politician in the world” while declaring that alleged plans against the administration of Governor Ademola Adeleke would not succeed.
He wrote, “The most desperate politician in the world is @GboyegaOyetola very embarrassing. OYETOLA UR PLAN NO GO WORK”
Davido was recently appointed Chairman of the Imole Youth Campaign Council for the re-election bid of Governor Adeleke, who is also his uncle.
His comments came amid reports of attacks on the Adeleke Campaign Office and the Accord Party secretariat in Osun State.
According to Punch report, some yet-to-be-identified gunmen were said to have attacked the state headquarters of the Accord Party in Osogbo, Osun State, damaging parts of the building.
During a visit to the secretariat located along the Osogbo/Gbongan Road by Journalist, it was observed that the gate at the entrance to the premises had been damaged.
Perforated walls and shattered glass reportedly caused by bullets fired at close range were also observed by our correspondent.
Speaking on the incident on Monday, the Deputy Spokesperson to Osun State Governor, Oladele Bamiji, accused the All Progressives Congress (APC) of sponsoring the attack.
The APC Governorship Campaign Media Committee, however, dismissed the allegation, describing it as a staged attempt to blackmail the opposition party in the state.
Bamiji alleged that the attackers stormed the secretariat late at night and opened fire on the building. He further accused the APC of previously vandalising Accord Party billboards across the state.
According to him, security operatives stationed at the secretariat alerted party members to the attack. He said the incident was part of what he described as a growing wave of political violence allegedly targeted at the Accord Party and its supporters.
He alleged that after the destruction of Accord campaign billboards across Osun State, the attackers returned to the party headquarters and fired sporadically at the office complex in an attempt to intimidate party members.
Bamiji called on the Inspector General of Police, Olatunji Disu, to order a full investigation into the incident, adding that police operatives had already visited the scene for an on-the-spot assessment.
He urged the police authorities not to allow Osun State to descend into chaos, expressing concerns over what he described as the apparent helplessness of security agencies in curbing political violence in the state.
Bamiji also suggested that the Commissioner of Police in Osun State might require reinforcement to effectively tackle the situation, stressing that lives and property must be protected irrespective of political affiliation.
He further called for a forensic investigation into bullets recovered at the scene, insisting that proper analysis of the evidence would help reveal those behind the attack and demonstrate that the police were taking concrete action beyond issuing statements.
According to him, police officers recovered bullets from the damaged gate and other parts of the premises and took some specimens away for further examination.
Reacting to the allegations, a member of the APC Governorship Campaign Media Committee, Kehinde Ayantunji, denied any involvement by the party and accused the Accord Party leadership of attempting to create tension in the state amid internal challenges.
Ayantunji maintained that the APC had no connection with violence and had instead focused on grassroots mobilisation across the state ahead of the governorship election.
He also challenged the Accord Party leadership to provide specific names of individuals they suspected were behind the attack, insisting that the police should invite them to make formal statements regarding the allegations.

